The Trials and Tribulations of a Weight Loss Journey

Well hey! How have you been? It has been way too long, probably why I gained 30 pounds back. This post is all about brutal honesty, because I need the hard truth right now. I have been on this journey for let's say over 5 years now. I did weight watchers, went to weekly meetings, hit my goals, and ended up as a lifetime member even losing 15 pounds under my goal. I was on top of the world. I was feeling myself. Then this thing called life happened.

I transferred colleges, had less time to meal prep, all while working full time. I had like no down time to stay active, plan my days out. This was when it started spiraling down. I ended up graduating 15 pounds heavier then when I started at Temple. I thought it was the Freshman 15 not the Senior 15. But, I was still happy, and I still looked good.

Then the adult life started- you know how all of us millennials complain about being adults? Well I was actually excited to prove myself in the adult world. Upon graduation I had two amazing job offers. I selected the one I thought would be the best fit for me at the time. I ended up moving in with my boyfriend and all was good for a little while. I was maintaining a heavier but healthy weight, still under my Weight Watchers Goal.

However, my days grew longer and my time grew shorter, and happy hours were happening, and I hop on the scale and I am another 5 pounds heavier. So I joined the best gym near my home. Thinking this would help me stay motivated. I ended up signing up for an intense boot camp to try and get me motivated. Well, my tiredness after work kicked in- and I skipped more than I attended. I was slowly going less and less to the gym.

Fast forward a few months (10 pounds heavier at this point). I accepted a new position and had an amazing job offer- so obviously I accept. Little did I know that this job had a commute time of over an hour each way. And the days were already longer. So now my time at home has been cut in half. And now I have less time to prep and stay on track. This was the ultimate spiral. I would try to do good during the day, and then when I got home after sitting in traffic for an hour, I binged. I binged so hard that all of my clothes stopped fitting. I was turning into my old self. I started hating myself, and self-sabotaging. What was the point anymore? I wasn't beautiful anymore, I was chubby and worthless. At this point, I am the heaviest I have been since almost the beginning of weight watchers.
I am depressed, feeling worthless, feeling ugly. All the time.

Then I had something happen that I could smile about. My boyfriend, popped the question. This was what I needed to get myself back on track. I mean, I have to look good at my wedding don't I? So that was when I tried to really kick it into high gear. I slowly started eating right again, I did have my cheat days, but hey, I am trying. Slowly but surely, I start losing weight. Next thing I know, I am back in the 140s again. 159 is long gone now. Bye bye- hopefully see you never again. My pants started fitting again and I started feeling better.

It is amazing how staying focused can make you feel. This journey can really cause stress and self-loathing. Some days I would come home, collapse, and eat ice cream out of the carton. It is amazing what eating healthy can do it a person. If you force yourself to get past that first week or two, it ends up being a breeze. I have been through it all. I have been 200 pounds. I have been 125 pounds. I have been in the middle. Find what works for you, there is something different for everyone. Stay motivated, find support. Surround yourself with people that care about you and your goals. And most importantly
love yourself throughout. Don't lose sight of what the most important thing is- you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halle's Story

Jamie's Story