Jamie's Story

Hi everyone!!! I am so excited that I get to share another powerhouse woman on my blog this week! Jamie has legitimately KICKED ASS. Like she actually lost a whole half of her, I am so happy that I get to share her story with you today, and you should go follow her on instagram @jamiesjourney2014 !!!


Jamie’s Journey

 My journey truly begins when I was pregnant with my son. In September 2013 we found out that we were expecting. I remember going to the first doctor appointment and weighing in at 230 pounds. I thought, “Wow, I weigh a lot…it must just be the baby.” DENIAL! There is no way I would be that heavy a month into a pregnancy but I was really good at that, really great at telling my brain everything was ok. As my pregnancy progressed I ended up weighing nearly 270 pounds. I was miserable. My son was born in May and at my postpartum checkup I weighed in at 249 pounds. My body was a wreck, I was mentally a wreck, and I was a new Mom. I knew I could not feel this way for the rest of my life, nor did I want my son to see me this way.I soon found the Weight Watchers Instagram community and started just following a couple of people. This was my motivation to ultimately decided to join Weight Watchers. I joined and then created my own Instagram. This was my outlet, my place to just be myself and to post annoying pictures of food, and gripe about my post-baby body. My followers/friends were with my through all my ups and downs, and ultimately me celebrations. The weight came off fast, then slow. But people never stopped motivating me every single day! Ultimately with Weight Watchers I was able to lose 75 lbs. I never thought I would be where I am now. But I couldn’t be happier. Through this ongoing journey I have learned that I am a warrior, a fighter, and a human being with faults. But I NEVER give up. For those of you just starting, I know it’s hard, I know you are exhausted, you even may hate yourself some days but YOU can do this!

Comments

  1. Such an inspiration!! I am very proud of you!! So happy to call you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an inspiration!! I am very proud of you!! So happy to call you friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Halle's Story

The Trials and Tribulations of a Weight Loss Journey