How to Stay Focused When You are Struggling

Okay, so I have been back on track for about a week now and I seriously feel like I could bite someone's head off. You know when you are awkwardly waiting patiently for your stomach to shrink and it feels like you need way more food than you actually should have? Well this back on track thing can be super tough.  I want those fried chicken fingers and French fries really, really bad.  Sometimes I catch myself dreaming about terrible foods when I am slow at work. But then I really think to myself, none of that is worth it. You have to remember why are you doing this, and you know you gain weight faster than you lose it. It can be super stressful, but when you see that scale drop week to week it will get easier for you, as it always does on this journey. I have done this before and if I could lose 83 pounds, what is 25 more? It is all mental, do not psyche yourself out. Here are some tips on ways to stay focused when you are struggling.


  • Drink a ton of water: Drinking water throughout the day will keep you fuller and help your mind wander away from thinking about that food.  It also keeps you hydrated and helps the weight come off faster. It's basically the best thing you can ever do for yourself, so do it all the time, literally.  Even if it means peeing 457 times a day.  The results will be worth it, I promise.
  • Bring healthy things to snack on: If you are on the go at work or school, bring something healthy that will not leave you feeling down.  If you are busier, we tend to order more or snack on a bag of chips.  Bring some of your own food, could be fruits or veggies or a healthy snack you will feel better that you did.
  • Track before the day even starts: For me, this is key.  I track my whole day the night before, snacks and all, that way I don't have any surprises. This does not work for everyone but it really does work.  That way you let those stupid temptations just go right out the door. We don't need those stupid thought in our lives anyways.
  • Mediate: I can honestly say, that I sometimes get really overwhelmed and can even panic about food.  It causes me to disrupt relationships that I have when I am in that negative state of mind. This is not a good way to be.  Learn a meditation that helps you release those thoughts and help you stay focused and in the moment. Do some deep breathing and think about the reason you are on this journey. It will benefit you in the long run. (Yoga is a great way to do this)
  • Make friends that are doing this too: I have my instagram account that helps me stay accountable. Social media is a great way to share your emotions, I am also on the Weight Watchers connect page and have connected with people on the same journey as me. We are all here to help each other. Make a friend that you can go to meetings with or go for a walk with. Having someone there for you to vent is AMAZING. I could not do it without the help of those people.
Seriously, I know how hard it is to stay on track sometimes. There are a ton of different situations that we are put in that test us everyday.  Staying strong is super important, but don't do anything that will put you in a hard place. We do all deserve treats in life.  But do not let anything or anyone get the best of you. This is your journey, own it. We all mess up. Here I am 25 pounds heavier than my lowest weight, but I will not let that get me down. I am going to own it, and stay accountable and do my absolute best to be the happiest version of me. You can do anything you set your mind too, remember that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halle's Story

Jamie's Story

The Trials and Tribulations of a Weight Loss Journey